Customer Operations Manager, Denver - Brilliant Earth
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Newsweek, Glamour, the Today Show, and Martha Stewart among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are collaborative, hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our open workspace in the heart of Cherry Creek encourages conversation and collaboration. From cross-departmental meetings to frequent happy hours, Brilliant Earth team members bring a top notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
The Customer Operations Manager for our Denver location will recruit and oversee a team of dedicated Customer Operations Associates, responsible for delivering exceptional service to Brilliant Earth customers. The Customer Operations Associates are responsible for pre-sale and post-sale activities and supporting the sales process, as well as efficiently and effectively executing an excellent customer experience. As the team’s manager, you will have the opportunity to develop a team and have a direct impact on the growth of the company.
- Recruit and manage a team of Customer Operations Associates in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain an efficient and highly functional team, ensuring that the team is meeting a high standard of customer service
- Create memorable and personalized experiences for Brilliant Earth customers by guiding customers through pre-sale and post-sale activities, such as financing options, shipping options/issues, repairs, resizes, etc.
- Respond to customer inquiries over phone and email and in-person appointments, while ensuring that high standards are upheld by the team
- Consistently seek ways to improve the customer experience by designing and implementing efficiency improvement initiatives
- Handle customer experience escalations, ensuring the best possible experience for all customers
- Create and maintain a team schedule to provide coverage for all necessary duties
- Collaborate across departments on special projects in order management, inventory, merchandising, and fraud prevention
- Communicate with sales, production, and fulfillment teams regarding customer timelines
- Formulate and implement policies and procedures to ensure smooth business operations
- Must have experience managing people in a retail and service or equivalent environment
- Must demonstrate a proven track record of recruiting high performing and accountable teams
- BA degree or equivalent
- A true passion for helping people and creating positive customer service experiences
- Highly organized with focus on execution, problem solving, and improving processes
- Motivated self-starter with high efficiency work style
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively – always with a smile
- Strong CRM software experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit / self-starter
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products