Retail Operations Coordinator
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Newsweek, Glamour, the Today Show, and Martha Stewart among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are collaborative, hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our open workspace in the heart of San Francisco encourages conversation and collaboration. From cross-departmental meetings to frequent happy hours, Brilliant Earth team members bring a top notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
We are seeking an energetic, organized individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment to play a pivotal role in the expansion of our physical, retail jewelry showrooms in new markets. The Retail Operations Coordinator will be involved in key aspects of the expansion process by supporting the Retail Operations Manager in sourcing real estate, construction, build-out and move-in, and ongoing office management for new showrooms. This individual should be detail oriented, flexible, comfortable working with tight deadlines, able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, and excited to play a hands-on role in new showroom launches.
- Location identification
- Coordinate and schedule new market and property tours.
- Research new markets including competitor locations, traffic statistics and other relevant data to inform team in selecting locations.
- Support Retail Operations Manager in evaluating and organizing information regarding new properties.
- Build out and construction
- Work with Brilliant Earth expansion team, coordinate with designers, architects, general contractor (GC) and other consultants or vendors during build out.
- Work with Brilliant Earth internal team to ensure all departments are adhering to timelines.
- Support construction and build-out phase as needed. Expected responsibilities include:
- Order construction materials, furniture, IT equipment and office supplies
- Research and identify new local vendors as needed
- Coordinate with vendors regarding requirements and ordering, including window treatments, IT, security, etc.
- Manage all shipments to showrooms ahead of launch
- Coordinate move-in logistics on site prior to launch, including vendor scheduling, unboxing, and IT set up and testing.
- Conduct job site visits as needed during construction.
- Ongoing showroom office management
- Develop and maintain clear guidelines for showrooms, including office and HR manual, emergency plan, travel guidelines, budget guidelines, local vendor contacts, etc.
- Provide office management support to all showrooms including facilities maintenance, technical troubleshooting, monthly expenses and budgets.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5 years of professional experience with progressively increasing scope and responsibility, retail experience a plus
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrated project management experience and experience overseeing cross-functional teams
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of in-store retail operations, including customer service, sales, training, policies and procedures, visual merchandising, and inventory management a plus
- Available for domestic travel as needed (varies depending on stage of build-out)