Acquisition Marketing Manager
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing ecommerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Newsweek, Glamour, the Today Show, and Martha Stewart among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are collaborative, hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our open workspace in the heart of San Francisco encourages conversation and collaboration. From cross-departmental meetings to frequent happy hours, Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
The Acquisition Marketing Manager is an expert in managing paid media at scale, campaign analytics, and reporting systems, and is strongly motivated to continuously improve the performance of our digital acquisition channels. As a team leader, you’ll develop and manage a team of Online Marketing Associates, guiding them in campaign management, strategic decision making, and problem solving. You’ll have a keenly analytical mind and the intellectual curiosity to identify new opportunities to test and grow our paid media channels. A good communicator, you will be able to present your work, new initiatives, and business rationales to executive stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be a great problem-solver, enjoy taking initiative, juggle work on multiple projects independently, and be extremely detail-oriented.
- Act as the business owner and expert for our digital and offline media programs. Oversee these campaigns from end to end, including strategy, execution, and analysis.
- Ensure all acquisition programs are efficient and running optimally. Analyze areas with improvement opportunities and make data-driven recommendations to stakeholders.
- Manage a team of Online Marketing Associates, providing guidance on oversight, strategy, and analysis of all acquisition campaigns.
- Elevate the brand by developing original ad creative and copy ideas that speak to Brilliant Earth’s differentiators in the luxury fine jewelry space.
- Build robust reporting and dive into data to identify actionable insights.
- Oversee budgeting, forecasting, invoicing, and accrual process.
- Present performance of acquisition programs to executive stakeholders.
- Develop and foster relationships with external vendors and cross functional partners.
- Identify new advertising vendors and other strategic partners with potential to drive positive business impact.
- Continually and thoughtfully educate yourself on strategies and best practices in acquisition marketing and paid advertising channels.
- Pending candidate’s skillset, this position could also extend to managing email marketing acquisition.
- 3+ years of online acquisition marketing experience, ecommerce preferred.
- Proven experience managing profitable paid media campaigns across a variety of channels, including but not limited to search, display, paid social, and retargeting.
- Experience managing advertising vendor relationships including price and contract negotiations.
- Proven analytical, business planning, and project management skills.
- Ability to analyze & develop complex business/marketing models for acquisition programs at scale. Ability to direct and guide team members to do the same.
- Experience with web analytics tools like Google Analytics
- Strong Excel skills
- Highly organized with focus on execution, problem solving, and improving processes
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively and with a positive attitude
- Experience recruiting high performing and accountable teams preferred
- Motivated self-starter with high efficiency work style
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
- BA degree or equivalent