Jewelry Designer – Brilliant Earth, Denver
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Refinery29, and Forbes, among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are collaborative, hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our open workspace in the heart of Cherry Creek encourages conversation and collaboration. From cross-departmental meetings to frequent happy hours, Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow. For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume, link to your online design portfolio, and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
As a Jewelry Designer, you will work closely with our Product Development and Custom Design teams to assist with the design process from conception to launch. In this role, you will produce hand-drawn renderings and digital mockups for the development of distinctive new rings and fine jewelry, consistent with Brilliant Earth’s unique design aesthetic and current industry trends. Join our close-knit group of creative problem solvers who are passionate about ensuring that every Brilliant Earth design meets exceptional standards of quality and craftsmanship.
- Participate in the design process for distinctive new rings and fine jewelry pieces, by producing hand drawn sketches, digital mockups and prototypes, placing purchase orders, implementing revisions and performing final quality assurance checks
- Research and stay abreast of on-trend fashion, as well as classic jewelry inspiration
- Support our Custom Sales team by developing hand drawn sketches and digital mockups for lead conversion, design quoting, and manufacturing
- Ensure consistency with Brilliant Earth’s distinctive design and quality standards, as well as manufacturability of pieces
- Accurately document design details for a range of new product development types
- Organize and maintain design files for accuracy and efficiency
- Collaborate with the eCommerce and marketing team, to provide design inspiration insights and specific product details
- Clearly communicate design details and specifications to cross-functional partners including creative, merchandising, and manufacturing teams
- Bridal and fine jewelry design experience required
- Robust hand rendering and drawing skills
- Robust computer skills, including: proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft applications, and basic 3D CAD software skills
- Ability to communicate effectively cross-functionally, with internal stakeholders and external partners
- Exceptional attention to detail, and ability to adhere to design standards
- Highly organized, with ability to prioritize time effectively in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit / self-starter, with strong ability to work on a team to execute projects
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
Brilliant Earth offers a competitive, robust benefits package. As a full-time Brilliant Earth employee, you can choose to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(k) plan with matching contribution, and commuter benefits. We offer paid parental leave, an open PTO policy, and an employee discount on our products. Employees of Brilliant Earth have access to an Employee Assistance Program which includes mental health counseling, and can participate in regular wellness events led by the culture team.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.