Customer Experience Manager - Santa Monica
Customer Experience Manager - Santa Monica
The Customer Experience Manager will build, lead and mentor a team of dedicated Customer Experience Assistants, Jewelry Consultants, and Concierges responsible for meeting quarterly sales targets and delivering exceptional service to Brilliant Earth customers. As the team’s leader, you will foster an environment of partnership & positivity, bias toward action, and commitment to the customer. The Customer Experience Manager leads the team to achieve and exceed sales goals, directly impacting the growth of the company and the individual team members. As we open our newest location, we are searching for a motivated and dedicated team leader to drive success.
The Ideal candidate will be able to work a Tuesday - Saturday schedule. This role is in office at our Santa Monica showroom location.
What You’ll Do:
- Recruit and lead a team of Customer Experience Assistants in a fast-paced, omni-channel environment, focused on achieving sales targets and team KPIs.
- Drive strong showroom sales performance by: demonstrating a robust understanding of business processes, priorities and KPIs, disseminating information to the team and closely coaching each team member to achieve performance goals.
- Consistently seek ways to improve the customer experience by designing and implementing efficiency improvement initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Partner with our customer care team to problem-solve customer experience escalations, ensuring the best possible experience for all customers.
- Maintain an efficient and highly functional showroom and office, ensuring that the team is meeting the highest standards of customer service.
- Respond to customer inquiries over phone, email and live chat.
- Conduct in-person customer appointments to present jewelry in our private showroom, creating a truly personalized experience in a luxury goods environment.
- Partner with Workforce Operations Analysts to create and maintain a team schedule to provide coverage for all necessary duties and appointments.
- Work closely with the Retail Operations team to maintain a luxury environment in the showroom.
- Collaborate across departments on special projects in operations, merchandising, marketing, HR and customer care.
What You Have:
- A passion for the customer. You don’t just like to help – you go above and beyond to provide the best possible experience to each customer that comes through the door.
- A drive to exceed goals. You love a good challenge! You’re a self-proclaimed “over-achiever” on a mission to help your team exceed their sales targets.
- It’s all in the details. When it comes to our customer’s biggest moments, you know it’s the little things that count the most. You have a passion for process and a keen eye for detail in a fast-moving work environment.
- Communication is Key. You have a way with words. Whether you’re interacting with a customer or teammate in person, via email, or by chat, you’re clear and concise.
- An Eye for Innovation. You’re a creative thinker who brings new ideas to the table.
- Master of Collaboration. You’re a team player. You believe that in order to transform the jewelry industry, we all have to work together!
- A Passion for Leadership. You have an open, positive, and collaborative leadership style and a desire to develop your team.
You’re a Great Fit if You Have:
- Experience managing people in retail or direct-to-consumer sales, ecommerce and/or luxury product experience a plus
- BA degree or equivalent, preferred
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability
- Robust CRM software experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit / self-starter
- Understanding and acceptance of diversity, equity, inclusion and workplace belonging concepts
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
What We Offer
At Brilliant Earth, we’re passionate about the employee experience. That’s why we offer an excellent training program and endless opportunities for career growth! In addition, we offer competitive compensation and a robust benefits package, including:
- Equity Compensation. You will play an important role in the growth and success of the company. RSU awards allow us all to share in these successes.
- Signing Bonus. We’re excited for you to be a part of the BE team, and are offering a $1,000 signing bonus with your first paycheck.
- Insurance. Medical, dental, and vision insurance kick in on the first day of your 2nd month!
- 401k match. We know that saving for the future is important. That's why we offer a generous 401k match.
- Paid Time Off. We know it’s important to recharge and relax - you'll accrue 3 weeks of PTO in your first year.
- Uncapped Sales Incentive Programs. Uncapped quarterly and annual bonuses, plus additional incentives for top sales reps.
- Disability and Life insurance. 100% employer-paid.
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits.
- Continued Education. Company-sponsored learning in leadership, professional skills, diversity & inclusion, and access to tuition reimbursement for role-specific trainings.
- Employee Discounts. As an employee at Brilliant Earth, you’ll receive a generous discount on our jewelry.
- Wellness Benefits. We offer access to exclusive discounts on gym memberships and more, as well as an Employee Assistance Program for 24/7 access to counseling.
- Giving Back and Volunteer Opportunities. In addition to our giving back programs, our teams support local initiatives and spend time together by volunteering.
More About Us
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and a global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Forbes, and Refinery29, among many other media outlets. Our showroom teams offer a 1:1 appointment-based environment and engage with customers via email, chat, and phone, creating a luxury, omnichannel approach to the customer experience. In addition, our ground floor locations include a browsing area for walk-in customers. We strive to create a fun, educational, and relaxing experience in a personalized luxury environment!
We are a group of dedicated team members with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry. We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.
How to Apply & What to Expect:
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
You’ll receive an email when we’ve received your application and can expect an update within a week of applying. The interview process for this role includes a phone call with the recruiting team, an online exercise to explore our website and common customer inquiries, and an opportunity to chat with a few of our Customer Experience senior leaders via video call!