Construction Project Manager - Brilliant Earth, Denver
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Refinery29, and Forbes, among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are collaborative, hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our open workspace in the heart of Cherry Creek encourages conversation and collaboration. From cross-departmental meetings to frequent happy hours, Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow. For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume, link to your online design portfolio, and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
About the role:
We are seeking an energetic, organized individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment to play a pivotal role in the expansion of Brilliant Earth’s jewelry showrooms. As the Construction Project Manager, you will oversee the build out process for new showroom openings from pre-construction to opening. Reporting to our Director, Showroom Expansion, you will have ownership of construction budgets, project schedules and vendor relationships. This role involves “thinking outside the box” problem solving and identifying ways to make our build out process more efficient. You will be our on-site eyes and ears, ensuring progress and high-quality execution and providing guidance to contractors and internal stakeholders.
This individual should be detail oriented, flexible, comfortable working with tight deadlines, able to juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, and excited to play a hands-on role in new showroom expansion.
What you’ll do:
- Pre-Construction & Bidding
- Identify and evaluate potential GC’s in new markets
- Coordinate with GC’s and architects to confirm soft bids and test fits will meet requirements
- Review design documentation and CD’s to ensure accuracy and that they are in line with budget estimates, advising on any constructability issues that may impact schedule
- Manage the GC bidding and appointment process, including qualifying and leveling of bids, as well as the award and contract execution
- Successfully maintain or reduce costs through the competitive bid process and value engineering
- Permitting & Construction
- Drive project schedules and manage contractors and vendors to meet critical milestones in order to open showrooms on time and on budget. This will include managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Regularly report out on progress and escalate issues as needed
- Lead weekly OAC calls to ensure construction stays on schedule and issues are addressed in a timely fashion
- Coordinate with GC’s and architects during permitting process to ensure permits are received as quickly as possible.
- Negotiate and track change orders
- Partner with various departments to ensure internal tasks are completed in a timely fashion ahead of launch and to ensure an efficient opening
- Travel to job sites, throughout the construction process, to ensure projects are on time and in agreement with CD’s. Meet with GC’s, landlord management, and outside vendors as needed.
- Execute project closeouts with a sense of urgency including punch lists and collection of required documentation for Tenant Improvement Allowances.
- Maintain construction and FF&E budgets including preliminary cost estimates and cost management ensuring that the store build out is executed within all budget targets
You’re a great fit if you have:
- 10+ years of experience, including 5+ years of experience working in the construction management field with a focus on high end or retail rollouts
- A strong understanding of construction site management and an eye for design with the ability to make decisions on the fly while on-site
- A thorough understanding of and ability to read and critique construction drawings, shop drawings, submittals, bids and proposals
- A demonstrated ability to engage with and build productive relationships to achieve results with a can-do, positive attitude
- Experience working effectively with vendors and contactors and the ability to manage parties both internally and externally
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and time-management skills allowing you to effectively manage multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- The ability and willingness to travel to the exciting markets where we are opening new showrooms (estimated 20-40%)
- Bachelor’s degree
Brilliant Earth offers a competitive, robust benefits package. As a full-time Brilliant Earth employee, you can choose to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(k) plan with matching contribution, and commuter benefits. We offer paid parental leave, an open PTO policy, and an employee discount on our products. Employees of Brilliant Earth have access to an Employee Assistance Program which includes mental health counseling, and can participate in regular wellness events led by the culture team.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.