Jewelry Quality Assurance Associate
Jewelry Quality Assurance Associate – Brilliant Earth
Our Operations Associates are dedicated to delivering excellence from the time a customer places an order to the moment a customer opens their package. The team coordinates and executes day-to-day operations of order processing, inventory, logistics, fulfillment, and production, while maintaining strong relationships with our partners. In this role, you will assist in leading the quality assurance team’s tasks while collaborating within a close-knit team and with external partners. Join our team of committed problem solvers who are passionate about ensuring that every Brilliant Earth purchase meets the highest standards of quality and craftsmanship.
To learn more about what it means to be a member of our Operations team, click here to check out our recent blog post!
Key responsibilities include:
- Execute quality assurance best practices to ensure inventory and finished product meet Brilliant Earth’s high-quality standards
- Conduct thorough inspection of jewelry using expertise of gems, diamonds, metals, and jewelry manufacturing and adhering to BE quality standards
- Notify appropriate partners for vendor issues or recurring product quality issues.
- Document inspection results into ERP system (NetSuite) and provide internal, cross-functional partners with repair options and costs to provide customers.
- Meet daily processing timelines
- Build and maintain external partner and vendor relationships
- Assist with pre-sales and post-sales support
- Communicate and work cross-functionally with other teams regarding customer timelines
- Communicate and work closely with our sales teams on addressing customer repair questions and issues
- Identify improvements to current processes to drive productivity, efficiency and an overall better customer experience
- Assist in managing, processing, and tracking customer diamond and gem orders to ensure accuracy and timely arrival
- 2+ years of jewelry experience
- Operations and/or administrative experience preferred
- Robust computer skills, ideally including excel and ERP experience
- Attention to details in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Highly organized with focus on execution, problem solving, and improving processes
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively
- Entrepreneurial spirit / self-starter
- BA degree or equivalent, preferred
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
What We Offer:
At Brilliant Earth, we’re passionate about the employee experience. That’s why we offer an excellent training program and endless opportunities for career growth! In addition, we offer competitive compensation and a robust benefits package, including:
- Insurance. Medical, dental, and vision insurance kick in on the first day of your 2nd month!
- 401k match. We know that saving for the future is important. That's why we offer a generous 401k match.
- Paid Time Off. We know it is important to recharge and relax- you’ll accrue 3 weeks of PTO in your first year.
- Disability and Life insurance. 100% employer-paid.
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits.
- Continued Education. Company-sponsored learning in leadership, professional skills, diversity & inclusion, and access to tuition reimbursement for role-specific trainings.
- Employee Discounts. As an employee at Brilliant Earth, you’ll receive a generous discount on our jewelry.
- Wellness Benefits. We offer access to exclusive discounts on gym memberships and more, as well as an Employee Assistance Program for 24/7 access to counseling.
- Giving Back and Volunteer Opportunities. In additional to our giving back programs, our teams support local initiatives and spend time together by volunteering.
More About Us
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Forbes, and Refinery29, among many other media outlets. We are a group of dedicated team members with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry. We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.
How to Apply & What to Expect:
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
You’ll receive an email when we’ve received your application, and can expect an update within a week of applying. The interview process for this role includes a phone call with the recruiting team, an online exercise to explore our website and common customer inquiries, and a video interview with one of our leaders!