Director, Customer Care & Workforce Operations
Director, Customer Care & Workforce Operations
The Brilliant Earth Customer Operations team is committed to delivering exceptional service to Brilliant Earth customers in our showroom locations and via our eCommerce channels, throughout each step of the customer journey. As the Director, Customer Care & Workforce Operations, you will oversee the operational performance of the Customer Operations department, including workforce planning, analysis and optimization. You will empower the Customer Care department and external partners to provide exceptional pre- and post-sale experiences, ensuring timely, efficient and positive resolutions.
The Director, Customer Care & Workforce Operations will be instrumental in the development and management of key customer operations initiatives and driving Brilliant Earth’s operational success.
- Lead capacity planning and forecasting for the Customer Operations department in an omni-channel focused sales environment, using service levels, contact volume, contact patterns, staffing and productivity, workforce management systems, workflow, etc.
- Lead customer care teams and associated KPIs, such as CSAT and NPS to ensure excellent post sale experience for our clients.
- Manage internal and external headcount plans to align with financial forecasts and ensure adequate staffing levels to achieve company goals.
- Develop and deliver reporting to provide insights to the business around sales and service KPIs, volumes, staffing levels, and costs.
- Create best-in-class reporting processes, allowing for improved visibility, comprehensibility, efficiency, and scalability of departmental reporting.
- Act as a thought leader within the Customer Operations organization; bring data-driven insights to the table and work collaboratively to continuously improve departmental performance.
- Provide effective feedback to direct reports to help drive best-in-class performance and support career development.
- Translate forecasts and business goals into strategic operational strategies and goals / standards at the department, team and individual level.
- Manage vendor relationships and SLAs, including 3rd party call centers and managed phone services, with a focus on cost efficiency and successful customer service outcomes.
- Provide guidance for customer escalations, ensuring best possible experiences for all customers.
- Oversee RTA, staying close to departmental activities at the individual employee level to ensure adequate daily resource allocation and creating efficiency in scheduling processes and procedures.
- Stay abreast of retail and eCommerce industry trends, bringing best-in-class and trend-forward strategies to improve the customer experience.
- Consistently seek ways to improve the customer experience by designing and implementing efficiency improvement initiatives in collaboration with other leaders.
- Strategically scale departmental growth, utilizing technology.
- BA degree or equivalent, preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in a customer operations leadership in a direct-to-consumer, eCommerce environment
- 5+ years’ experience leading Workforce Planning & Analytics
- Highly analytical with an ability to translate data into actionable insights, strategies and goals.
- High level of business acumen and demonstrated understanding of operational KPIs in the Customer Operations field.
- Robust CRM or ERP software experience (NetSuite, Salesforce a plus)
- Experience building advanced reports and models in Excel, advanced knowledge of SQL and ETL tools (Domo a plus)
- Proven track record of recruiting and retaining high performing and accountable managers and staff.
- Experience managing vendor relationships, including outsourced contact centers and technology partners.
- Experience utilizing customer insight analyses to drive continuous improvement of team performance.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately to all levels of the organization, and to external customers / partners.
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively
- Highly organized, attentive to details and efficient with focus on execution, problem solving, and improving processes in a fast-paced, flexible environment.
- Understanding and acceptance of diversity, equity, inclusion and workplace belonging concepts
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
What We Offer:
At Brilliant Earth, we’re passionate about the employee experience. That’s why we offer an excellent training program and endless opportunities for career growth! In addition, we offer competitive compensation and a robust benefits package, including:
- Equity Compensation. You will play an important role in the growth and success of the company. RSU awards allow us all to share in these successes.
- Insurance. Medical, dental, and vision insurance kick in on the first day of your 2nd month!
- 401k match. We know that saving for the future is important. That's why we offer a generous 401k match.
- Open PTO Policy. We know it’s important to recharge and relax.
- Disability and Life insurance. 100% employer-paid.
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits.
- Continued Education. Company-sponsored learning in leadership, professional skills, diversity & inclusion, and access to tuition reimbursement for role-specific trainings.
- Employee Discounts. As an employee at Brilliant Earth, you’ll receive a generous discount on our jewelry.
- Wellness Benefits. We offer access to exclusive discounts on gym memberships and more, as well as an Employee Assistance Program for 24/7 access to counseling.
- Giving Back and Volunteer Opportunities. In additional to our giving back programs, our teams support local initiatives and spend time together by volunteering.
More About Us
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Forbes, and Refinery29, among many other media outlets. We are a group of dedicated team members with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry. We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.
How to Apply & What to Expect:
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
You’ll receive an email when we’ve received your application, and can expect an update within a week of applying. The interview process for this role includes a phone call with the recruiting team and video interviews with one of our team members and leaders!
If you need assistance or reasonable accommodation completing an application or at any stage of the interview process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.