New Store Opening Project Lead
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and the global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Newsweek, Glamour, the Today Show, and Martha Stewart, among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are collaborative, hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our open workspaces encourage conversation and collaboration. From cross-departmental meetings to frequent team building events, Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow. For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
We are seeking an energetic, organized individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment to play a pivotal role in the expansion of our physical, retail jewelry showrooms. The New Store Opening Project Lead will be involved in key aspects of the expansion process by supporting the Retail Operations Team in construction, build-out, move-in and handoff to the showroom team. The ideal candidate for this role is detail oriented, flexible, comfortable working with tight deadlines, able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, and excited to play a hands-on role in new showroom launches and continuous improvement efforts.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with build out and construction of new showrooms, including:
- Work with Brilliant Earth expansion team and coordinate with designers, architects, general contractors (GC’s) and other consultants and vendors during build outs.
- Support the Construction Manager with bid process and communications with the general contractor.
- Manage projects for multiple showrooms simultaneously, work with vendors and with Brilliant Earth internal teams to ensure all departments are adhering to timelines to meet launch date.
- Support construction and build-out phase as needed. Expected responsibilities include:
- Order construction materials, furniture, IT equipment and office supplies
- Research and identify new local vendors as needed
- Coordinate the procurement process to ensure on time and on budget appointment of all required vendors and suppliers, including, technical providers, furniture, displays, fixtures, etc.
- Manage critical timing and delivery of all shipments to showrooms
- Coordinate move-in logistics, including vendor scheduling, unboxing, and set up.
- Travel to locations to support retail operations activities (up to 25%).
- Create and implement new processes related to showroom launches, focusing on efficiency and continuous improvement
- Support the Retail Operations Team with ongoing facilities maintenance and repairs, including:
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with property managers, landlords, and showroom teams
- Ensure showroom spaces reflect our high-quality, luxury customer experience at all times
- Drive facilities improvements forward with a sense of urgency
You’re a great fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5 years of professional experience with progressively increasing scope and responsibility
- Retail, construction management and/or real estate experience a plus
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrated project management experience and experience overseeing cross-functional teams
- Fast and thorough problem solver with a can-do, positive attitude
- A demonstrated ability to engage with and build productive relationships with people to achieve results
- Knowledge of in-store retail operations, including customer service, sales, training, policies and procedures, visual merchandising, and inventory management a plus
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced and high-growth environment with multiple, simultaneous projects
- Available for domestic travel as needed varies depending on stage of build-out, estimated 20-40%
Brilliant Earth offers a competitive benefits package. As a full-time Brilliant Earth employee, you can choose to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(k) plan, and commuter benefits. We offer maternity and paternity leave, an open PTO policy, and an employee discount on our products.
Brilliant Earth is committed to the principles of Equal Employment. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws.