Website Merchandising Analyst – Brilliant Earth, Denver
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing ecommerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Newsweek, Glamour, the Today Show, and Martha Stewart among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are collaborative, hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our open workspace in the heart of Cherry Creek encourages conversation and collaboration. From cross-departmental meetings to frequent happy hours, Brilliant Earth team members bring a top notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow. For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
We are seeking a bright, motivated Website Merchandising Analyst to support our Merchandising and Marketing teams in analyzing and optimizing our online experience. This position is responsible for developing reports, identifying and implementing site merchandising and process improvements, and working collaboratively on new website projects and functionality. Ideal candidates will have experience with and interest in website analytics, Excel reporting, and creative problem solving, and thrive in a fast-paced dynamic start-up environment. As a team member, you will collaborate with multiple departments that are dedicated to cultivating a joyful and luxurious consumer brand, with an emphasis on an exceptional customer experience.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support Merchandising and Marketing teams in identifying opportunities for improved site functionality and optimization.
- Conduct analyses using sales, trend, click and other relevant data to support site merchandising decisions, such as product recommendations, top 20 assortment, category sort order, product categorizations, product default imagery.
- Analyze and optimize internal website search term results.
- Conduct reporting on performance of various website features, including navigation, filters, events.
- Support on A/B testing analysis and conduct lookback reporting to evaluate newly introduced website functionality. Synthesize impact of functionality enhancements on sales and site metrics, such as traffic, clicks, conversion.
- Support new product / website functionality launches, including various website testing and QA, as needed.
- Provide ad hoc analyses to gain insight into user experience and behavior and present actionable insights.
- Utilize website analytics tool (Google Analytics) to answer business questions, identify findings and opportunities for improvement.
- Identify and develop new GA segments, funnels and customer journey mapping.
- Audit and identify needed changes to Enhanced Ecommerce implementation. Utilize Enhanced Ecommerce data in finding actionable insights and opportunities for optimization.
- Conduct quality assurance on data-related website development changes. Support Marketing team in establishing tracking requirements.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing and Merchandising teams to recommend imagery featured on the website and in marketing and advertising assets and to ensure visual presentation of products aligns with brand guidelines.
- Conduct site audits as needed to ensure imagery, copy and pricing are accurate and consistent with internal guidelines.
- Review competitor websites and industry news to identify opportunities and stay current on trends and best practices in online experience, ecommerce and digital analytics.
- BA degree or equivalent
- 2-3 years of analytical experience or merchandising experience in a consumer-based retail environment. Experience in fine jewelry or ecommerce preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Extremely detail oriented
- Strong ability to work individually and as a team player to execute projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Highly organized with focus on execution, problem solving, and improving processes
- Excellent analytical and project management skills
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively
- Entrepreneurial spirit/self-starter
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products