Senior Operations Manager
Senior Manager, Operations
We are seeking a results-driven, innovative and passionate leader to serve in the role of Senior Manager, Operations for Brilliant Earth. Our Operations team is dedicated to delivering excellence from the time a customer places an order to the moment our customer receives their package. You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day product operations, including quality assurance, logistics, supply chain, inventory, and fulfillment, while maintaining strong relationships with our partners. The primary objectives of this position are to maximize efficiency, quality, and customer experience critical to Brilliant Earth’s success.
You will also be responsible for scaling our people and processes to meet the ever-growing needs of our business. The Senior Manager, Operations will lead, recruit, and motivate a team, and be required to work closely with cross-functional groups, including sales and customer service, finance, and marketing.
The ideal person for this role thrives in fast-paced, results driven environments and has demonstrated an ability to work effectively with finite resources. This individual will have expertise in team management, daily and long-term workforce capacity planning and a track record of leading teams to achieve operational goals. We are looking for a strategic and courageous leader who is eager to get their hands dirty, work alongside the team is unafraid to keep raising the bar to achieve the best results. We have a social and environmental mission at the core of our company and are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about helping us achieve our social goals, as well as our business goals.
Join our team of committed problem solvers who are passionate about ensuring that every Brilliant Earth purchase meets the highest standards of quality and craftsmanship.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee daily product operations and logistics, including order processing, quality assurance and fulfillment.
- Work cross-functionally to manage and resolve escalations including investigating process gaps and quality oversight.
- Ensure scalability, cost effectiveness and overall process efficiency.
- Manage operations teams to empower individuals and help solve day to day problems.
- Responsible for properly allocating tasks and resources to ensure timelines are met and general operations run smoothly.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement with a commitment to quality.
- Work closely with the leadership team to contribute to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies, and practices.
- Lead product quality efforts to ensure our products consistently meet Brilliant Earth standards.
- Develop and track KPIs to measure and manage efficiencies, cost improvements, productivity, and quality.
- Identify and implement technology and infrastructure suitable to the scope and size of the business along with disciplines that underlie a supply chain operation.
- Analyze, formulate and implement systems, policies and procedures to ensure smooth operation of business. Continually improve and automate systems.
- Recruit, hire, and develop a strong team to meet company objectives.
- Manage relationships with partners and vendors, including developing new relationships and handling escalations.
- Responsible for implementing security and safety controls. Oversee and continually improve security and safety measures with respect to the company’s quality, delivery and cost objectives.
- Ensure all aspects of product supply chain are well developed and maintained to ensure a superior customer experience, timeliness, and a high level of efficiency.
What You Have:
- A Passion for Leadership. You have an open, positive, and collaborative leadership style and a desire to develop your team.
- A Data-Driven Approach. When it comes to complex business needs, you always start with the data. You have a knack for analyzing data sets to create a strategic action plan.
- An Eye for Innovation. You’re a creative thinker who brings new ideas to the table.
- A Mind for Multi-Tasking. You’re an expert at managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Master of Collaboration. You have a genuine ability to collaborate and contribute to a team effort.
- It’s All in the Details. When it comes to the customer experience, you know it’s the little things that count the most. You have a passion for process and a keen eye for detail in a fast-moving work environment.
Specific qualifications include:
- 10+ years of Operations Management experience with inventory/ supply chain/ quality assurance in a fast-paced and product, retail, or ecommerce company preferred
- BA degree required (MBA or MS preferred)
- Experience managing cross-functional team of direct reports, including hiring
- Highly analytical and efficient in presenting data
- Highly organized with focus on execution, problem solving, and improving processes
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Demonstrated abilities to lead a team within a fast-paced start up environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit / self-starter
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of ERP systems
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
What We Offer
At Brilliant Earth, we’re passionate about the employee experience. That’s why we offer an excellent training program and endless opportunities for career growth! In addition, we offer competitive compensation and a robust benefits package, including:
- Equity Compensation. You will play an important role in the growth and success of the company. RSU awards allow us all to share in these successes.
- Insurance. Medical, dental, and vision insurance kick in on the first day of your 2nd month!
- 401k match. We know that saving for the future is important. That's why we offer a generous 401k match.
- Paid Time Off. We know it is important to recharge and relax- you’ll accrue 3 weeks of PTO in your first year.
- Disability and Life insurance. 100% employer-paid.
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits.
- Continued Education. Company-sponsored learning in leadership, professional skills, diversity & inclusion, and access to tuition reimbursement for role-specific trainings.
- Employee Discounts. As an employee at Brilliant Earth, you’ll receive a generous discount on our jewelry.
- Wellness Benefits. We offer access to exclusive discounts on gym memberships and more, as well as an Employee Assistance Program for 24/7 access to counseling.
- Giving Back and Volunteer Opportunities. In additional to our giving back programs, our teams support local initiatives and spend time together by volunteering.
More About Us
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and a global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Forbes, and Refinery29, among many other media outlets. We are a group of dedicated team members with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry. We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.
How to Apply & What to Expect:
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
You’ll receive an email when we’ve received your application, and can expect an update within a week of applying.