Product Development Project Manager
Product Development Project Manager - Brilliant Earth, Secaucus, NYC
We are seeking a dedicated, organized project manager to join Brilliant Earth’s Product Development team, managing our product development process and operations. The primary objectives of this position are to maximize efficiency in our product development projects and product pipeline, increase organizational abilities and communication on cross functional product launches, and to provide enhanced visibility of key performance indicators and progress on department goals.
The ideal person for this role thrives in fast-paced startup environments, has demonstrated an ability to lead teams to achieve goals and increase efficiency. We have a social and environmental mission at the core of our company and are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about helping us achieve these goals, as well as our business goals. Join our team of committed problem solvers who are passionate about ensuring that every Brilliant Earth purchase meets the highest standards of quality and craftsmanship.
This role will be a hybrid position located in our Secaucus, NJ distribution center.
Key responsibilities include:
- Team Management:
- Manage Product Development Operations team (currently 3); overseeing their daily tasks and operations, providing guidance on prioritization, and providing coaching and training as needed
- Project Planning and Management:
- Lead planning for short-term and long-term projects that improve the Product Development team’s efficiency and efficacy
- Scope goals and set deadlines for key milestones in project plans, allocating appropriate resources and delegating tasks to identified stakeholders
- Identify potential risks, liabilities, or delays, and proactively mitigate those risks
- Act as a strategic decision-maker throughout project progression and clearly communicate strategy and status to cross functional teams and executive leadership
- Cross-functional Collaboration:
- Work cross functionally with category merchants to coordinate and prioritize product launch goals
- Reporting and Process Improvement:
- Create recurring reports on product volume and pipeline KPIs/milestones and provide consistent visibility to cross functional teams. Build and refine reports as needed.
- Produce key performance indicators for each phase of our development pipeline with a goal of improving accuracy and cadence
- Manage broader Product Development team OKRs to ensure timely completion against plan
- Coordinate and oversee new system integrations and process improvements while documenting best practices
- Serve as PD liaison to support onboard of new enterprise tools, including a PLM and collaborative planning tool and continued integration of our analytics tool,
- Conduct product record audits to ensure accuracy and consistency
What You Have:
- A Passion for Leadership. You have an open, positive, and collaborative leadership style and a desire to develop your team.
- A Data-Driven Approach. When it comes to complex business needs, you always start with the data. You have a knack for analyzing data sets to create a strategic action plan.
- An Eye for Innovation. You’re a creative thinker who brings new ideas to the table.
- A Mind for Multi-Tasking. You’re an expert at managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Master of Collaboration. You have a genuine ability to collaborate and contribute to a team effort.
- It’s All in the Details. When it comes to the customer experience, you know it’s the little things that count the most. You have a passion for process and a keen eye for detail in a fast-moving work environment.
Specific qualifications include:
- 7+ years’ experience managing large-scale projects
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferred
- Understanding of project management best practices
- Experience in product development, jewelry industry experience preferred
- People or team management experience
- Experience with vendor management, preferred
- Robust analytical skills and comfort working within a range of software programs including ERP, Project Management software, Excel and other systems. Experience with PLM preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, including external vendors and partners
- Highly organized with a focus on attention to detail, execution, problem solving, and improving processes
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively
- Entrepreneurial spirit / self-starter
What We Offer
At Brilliant Earth, we’re passionate about the employee experience. That’s why we offer an excellent training program and endless opportunities for career growth! In addition, we offer competitive compensation and a robust benefits package, including:
- Insurance. Medical, dental, and vision insurance kick in on the first day of your 2nd month!
- 401k match. We know that saving for the future is important. That's why we offer a generous 401k match.
- Generous PTO Policy. We know it’s important to recharge and relax.
- Disability and Life insurance. 100% employer-paid.
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits.
- Continued Education. Company-sponsored learning in leadership, professional skills, diversity & inclusion, and access to tuition reimbursement for role-specific trainings.
- Employee Discounts. As an employee at Brilliant Earth, you’ll receive a generous discount on our jewelry.
- Wellness Benefits. We offer access to exclusive discounts on gym memberships and more, as well as an Employee Assistance Program for 24/7 access to counseling.
- Giving Back and Volunteer Opportunities. In addition to our giving back programs, our teams support local initiatives and spend time together by volunteering.
More About Us
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and a global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Forbes, and Refinery29, among many other media outlets. We are a group of dedicated team members with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry. We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.
How to Apply & What to Expect:
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
You’ll receive an email when we’ve received your application, and can expect an update within a week of applying. The interview process for this role includes a phone call with the recruiting team and a video interview with one of our leaders!