Office/HR Associate - Brilliant Earth, San Francisco
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing ecommerce jewelers in the world, and the leader in ethical origin fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Newsweek, Glamour, the Today Show, and Martha Stewart among many other media outlets. We are a team of dedicated individuals with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are collaborative, hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our open workspace in the heart of San Francisco encourages conversation and collaboration. From cross-departmental meetings to frequent happy hours, Brilliant Earth team members bring a top notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow. For more insight into our work environment and culture, and to hear from our employees, check out our profile on the Muse!
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
The Office/HR Associate is at the forefront off all things related to maintaining and supporting a productive, efficient, enjoyable and safe working environment. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of the office including but not limited to managing facilities maintenance, I.T. troubleshooting, HR administration and keeping a close eye on anything and everything that affects the performance and well-being of the staff, both internally and externally. The Office/HR Associate is adept at leading and managing a variety of simultaneous projects, which requires the particular talent of being able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
You will have growing responsibility in a wide variety of functions including managing the day-to-day operations of the office, providing administrative/technical support to the staff, supporting the initiatives of functional departments, and nurturing and promoting our unique culture. You will have the opportunity to have a clear impact on the company’s growth and culture while developing your problem solving and project management skills. Ideal candidates will thrive in a fast-paced startup environment and be bright, organized, energetic and dependable.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Facilities Management / Office Administration
- Consistently work to improve the office environment providing a safe, productive and pleasant work space for all departments and employees utilizing forward thinking and creative problem-solving techniques.
- Recommend allocation of department office space and configurations.
- Purchase and maintenance of inventory of office furniture and fixtures, equipment, house-keeping functions, and all stationery and supplies.
- Execute and organize equipment and office maintenance service contracts and visits.
- Interface with all facilities vendors – building mgmt., security company while maintaining cordial relationships to ensure satisfactory services.
- Information Technology assistance, which requires technical troubleshooting and managing repairs/site visits from our service provider and telephone company.
- Responsible for inventory of all computers, telephones and the ordering and installation of new hire equipment.
- Keeps a consistent and outward knowledge and communication of city and community events that will affect the staff in any way – e.g. BART strike, Presidential visits, etc.
- Occasionally support the CEOs and management team with administrative support.
- Be ready to tackle any odd job or project that requires attention.
- Human Resources Administration and Recruitment
- Assists in the administration and maintenance of the applicant tracking system.
- Partner with hiring managers to identify skills and experience needed to fill key openings.
- Assist with drafting and maintaining job postings to maximize pipeline.
- Interview, assess and recommend candidates to the hiring managers based on skills, experience, and cultural alignment.
- Manage candidates through the search process, ensuring good communications and an exceptional candidate experience.
- Contribute to initiatives dedicated to improving the entire recruitment function – improving the candidate experience, increasing time to hire, etc.
- Arrange aspects of company meetings and team building events, contribute to the development and sustainability of the overall company culture.
- BA degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role preferred
- Experience in vendor/building management
- Experience in space planning/project management in a growing office environment
- Proven ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines in a fast pace environment
- High level of attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to adapt quickly in a flexible environment while making an impact utilizing creative problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with a roll up your sleeves and get the job done attitude
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability in the role
- Shows integrity, discretion and ethical behavior in all work situations
- Dependable and responsible with excellent work ethic, able to work occasional extended hours and on-call weekends
- Strong PC/MS Office Computer skills
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products